The Best Float in Texas
Don’s Fish Camp has been referred to as “The Best Float in Texas” for Tubing San Marcos River. Don’s is a Texas hill country favorite for the over 15 years. For more than 50 years, the 50 acre property operated as a fish camp run by owner and operator Don Nelle. Don and his yellow suspenders are a local legend! When you want to Float the San Marcos River, come down to Don’s!
Everything you need for Tubing San Marcos River!
San Marcos River Floating Handbook
If you are looking for the best tubing in Texas, you have come to the right place. Don’s Fish Camp in San Marcos, Texas has everything you need to experience the best float around. Here is exactly how to tube the San Marcos River at Don’s, and what to expect while floating.
- Drive on down to Don’s Fish Camp at 105 Nelle Lane Martindale, Texas, just minutes outside of San Marcos. Follow the dirt road until the end and you will run into our site.
- Come up to our office and pay for your tubes and look at all the other items we sell for you guys, such as coolers, ice, water, sunglass bobbers, waterproof cameras and cases, music coolers, and koozies!
- Park anywhere in the open lot we provide for y’all, next to the camping site free of charge!
- Have a rest and wait for our complimentary shuttle to take you straight to the river to get your tubes!
- Once you arrive at the river, grab your tubes and jump in! The river feels great on its own but with the hot weather, nothing can beat it!
- As you’re floating, take in the beautiful surroundings and the San Marcos River. Remember, no Styrofoam or glass is allowed while tubing on the river. Help us keep our float beautiful by disposing of any of your trash in our bags that we give you.
- After about 3-hour of floating, you will arrive back at the beaches of Don’s Fish Camp, right back at your car! How convenient is that?
- After a great day floating on the water you will realize how much fun you had and realize you can’t wait to be back at Don’s Fish Camp!
- Plan another visit to go floating at Don’s Fish Camp on the San Marcos River!! ENJOY!!